Are you a massive soccer fan? If so, I’ve found the perfect craft for you!
With this method, you can make your own soccer field from paper. As a result, you can play finger soccer, which is a fun game to get stuck into!
Alternatively, this paper soccer field can just be something nice to look at and will fit nicely into the room of any soccer fanatics.
So without further ado, let’s get started!
How To Make A Paper Soccer Field
This is an inexpensive craft that won’t require much equipment.
To make your soccer field, you will need:
- Craft paper: it’s best to use white paper as your markings will be the most visible on this surface. If you want to make your soccer field durable, you should go for thicker paper. Moreover, you will need a larger sheet of paper if you want to make this soccer field large enough to play finger soccer.
- A ruler: this will simply be used for measuring the field and all its minute details. A larger ruler is probably better than a smaller one.
- Green paint and white paint: this doesn’t need to be fancy paint. Any paint that’s suitable for the paper will suffice.
- A pair of scissors or scalpel: to cut out the pitch, you will need something sharp. As a safety precaution, children are not permitted to use scalpels when completing this craft.
- Red paper: any red paper should do. If you don’t have any red paper, you can just use white paper and paint it red. Of course, feel free to use other colors if you prefer. For example, you can use the colors of your favorite soccer teams.
- Glue: a glue stick may not be sufficient for this craft. PVA glue is a good option for crafting, as it provides stronger adhesion.
If you like the idea of making a soccer field to play with, all you have to do is follow these straightforward instructions:
- On a sheet of craft paper, use a ruler and pen to draw the outline of a football pitch. Include details such as the center spot and circle, goal box, and penalty box. Try to keep these measurements as even as possible to give the pitch a realistic look.
- Paint the pitch green. Use white paint to highlight the aforementioned details.
- Once the paint has dried, create a rectangle around the pitch. This will be used to represent the stands, allowing you to transform this into a paper soccer stadium.
- Cut out the guide. This can be done with scissors or, for a cleaner cut, a scalpel. Just bear in mind that these blades are sharp, so you should take safety precautions when using them. Not to mention, these blades must not be used by children, especially when unsupervised.
- Using a sheet of red paper, cut out a thin rectangle. This will be used to make the stands, so it should be the same width and length as the section that you drew around the pitch.
- Glue strips of white paper on the red at regular intervals to create different sections in the stands.
- Make small squares out of paper. Fold them in half so that one part of the paper is upright. Glue these squares on the stand section of the pitch, with one-half of the paper remaining upright.
- Using glue, attach the red strips that you made previously to these squares. This will allow the stands to be at an angle, just like a real soccer stadium. Repeat these steps for the remaining 3 slides of the stands.
- If desired, you can add even more paper around the outside of this pitch to represent the remainder of the stadium. Make your design as simple or complex as you desire.
- Add the finishing touches. This includes making a thin rectangular border around the pitch using black paper. Glue this border to the pitch.
Why Should You Make A Paper Soccer Field?
This paper soccer field isn’t necessarily made for gaming. Instead, it can just be a fun craft (see also “10 Fun Easter Crafts That You Will Love“) that’s ideal for soccer fans.
If you are the proud parent of a soccer enthusiast, this can be a fun craft to make with your child.
If you love technical crafts, this paper soccer field will be lots of fun to make.
This craft may be a little too complex for younger crafters. This is because it involves different pieces. Plus, it requires the use of sharp blades, which will not be suitable for young children.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Paper Soccer?
Paper soccer is a type of tabletop game that is fun for kids to play. This can be played with a paper triangle. Traditionally, players use their hands to score goals.
Paper soccer can be played on a standard table. Or if you want to immerse yourself in the game, this paper soccer field is a great option.
Just bear in mind that you will need to make a large field if you wish to play paper soccer on it.
How Can You Make A Strong DIY Soccer Field?
If you want to strengthen your homemade soccer field, you may wish to use cardboard instead of paper. After all, cardboard is stronger than paper.
Yet, you should also consider that it will be harder to cut into.
Additionally, you might want to use strong glue. For example, you could use duct tape or super glue to strengthen this homemade soccer field.
How Can You Decorate A Paper Soccer Field?
Decorating your soccer field is a fun way of spending your time. Plus, it will help your homemade soccer field to appear realistic. This includes adding logos for your favorite soccer teams.
A paper soccer field can be lots of fun to make. So whether you want to make a soccer field that you can play with or you want to use it as an ornament, this craft can be tons of fun for soccer enthusiasts.
I hope that you enjoyed this incredibly easy craft!
- 10 Fun Snacks To Serve For The Soccer Game - December 7, 2022
- Handmade Mother’s Day Presents (5 Craft Ideas) - December 7, 2022
- How To Make Easter Eggs (With Sharpies) - November 29, 2022